Neonatal Intensive care unit (NICU)
We do our best for your New born baby
(Accredited as Level III A by National Neonatology Forum, New Delhi)
The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Balgopal Children Hospital is one of the largest and best-equipped in Chhattisgarh directed by an expert team of doctors who are available 24 x 7 to care for sick neonates.
The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is a specialized unit and is meant for newborn babies who need intensive medical care.
We provide specialized nursery care for babies from 24 weeks gestation on wards. Premature babies (born before 37 weeks & after 24 weeks gestation) and sick babies are clinically assessed and cared for in the NICU until they can be transferred to the ward. The unit is also staffed with well trained, skilled and experienced nurses. They form the backbone of our services.
Our physicians, nurses and allied medical care professionals who work in NICU have extensive knowledge, skills, expertise, and experience to quickly assess and treat patients so that the neonates can achieve the best outcomes possible from critical illness or injury that requires special care.
The use of advanced technologies and provision of latest technologies provide support for speedy recovery.
NICUs also generally have a continuing care area for babies who are not very ill or in life-threatening situations, but do need specialized nursing care.
- Various types of Ventilators with Conventional and advanced modes including High Frequency (HFO)
- CPAP and HHHFNC respiratory support system
- Total Parental nutrition (Prepared in Laminar flow)
- Exchange transfusion
- Cardiac defibrillator
- Trans-cutaneous estimation of Bilirubin level without pricking the new-born
- All types of Neonatal surgeries by Pediatric surgeon
- Portable X-ray, USG, Doppler, Echocardiography, EEG, ECG, OAE Hearing screening
- ROP (Retinopathy of Prematurity) screening for premature babies