The Department of Nutrition at Balgopal Children Hospital individual nutrition care and services for children
We offer nutrition health assessment and clinics that would help in deciding the best nutrition support for infants and children to optimize their medical outcomes.
Individual therapeutic meal plans are meticulously calculated for all macro and micro nutrients and the clients are exclusively counselled.
A child’s diet should provide sufficient energy intake for proper growth and development while preventing excess weight gain. The diet should be moderate enough so not to deliver too much of a dietary constituent.
A healthy diet helps children grow and learn. It also helps prevent obesity and weight-related diseases, such as diabetes.
To give your child a nutritious diet like:-
- Make half of what is on your child's plate fruits and vegetables.
- Choose healthy sources of protein, such as lean meat, nuts, and eggs.
- Serve whole-grain breads and cereals because they are high in fiber. Reduce refined grains.
- Boil, grill, or steam foods instead of frying them
- Limit fast food and junk food.
- Offer water or milk instead of sugary fruit drinks and sodas.