If your child or teen has a blood disease or cancer, we have Pediatric Hematologist who treat your child or teen in a best way. The unique nature of care of children or teens with blood diseases and cancer is learned from advanced training and experience in practice.
We have backup with other sub specialties like Pediatric Surgery to manage solid tumors and support from ICU, Neurology and Neurology departments to manage sick children.
The Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology provides quality care for the following cases:
Different types of malignancies
- Acute leukemia (blood cancer), Lymphomas (lymph node cancer)
- Solid tumors like neuroblastoma, brain tumors, Wilms tumor (from kidney), germ cell tumors, hepatoblastoma (liver related), rhabdomyosarcomas, Ewing’s sarcoma and Osteosarcoma (from bone), and other soft tissue sarcomas
Various Hematological Conditions (Blood related)
- Different types of refractory anemias like remitting relapsing auto immune hemolytic anemias requiring Rituximab
- Hemoglobonopathies, and other inherited anemias, nutritional anemias
- Chronic immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) requiring second line medications including rituximab
- Aplastic anemias