Pediatric Intensive care unit (PICU)
Specialized care for critically ill children
The Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) at Balgopal Children Hospital is one of the largest pediatric intensive care in Chhattisgarh.
Our specially trained intensivist uses the latest cutting-edge technology to care for very sick infants and children, who are available for 24 hours to ensure highest standards of care are given.
Our pediatric intensive care specialists, nurses, respiratory therapists, social workers, clinical psychologists, nutritionists and other health care professionals are all specially trained to provide critical care for pediatric patients. We work with a team of pediatric sub-specialists including pediatric surgeons, pediatric neurologist, pediatric hematologist, pediatric hemato-oncologist, pediatric gastroenterologists and pediatric anesthesiologists to create individualized treatment plans for each child we treat.
Our team of health care professionals works closely with parents to identify concerns and explain all treatment plans thoroughly and we maintain continual communication with our patients during the entire period of treatment.
The unit is also staffed with well trained, skilled and experienced nurses. They form the backbone of our services.
Our physicians, nurses and allied medical care professionals who work in PICU have extensive knowledge, skill, expertise, experience and judgment to quickly assess and treat patients so these children can achieve the best outcomes possible from critical illness or injury that requires special care.
- Equipped with state of the art gadgets for point of care monitoring and management of sick children.
- Latest generation multi channel cardiac monitors, in-house 2D echo and ultrasound machines, portable Xray, continuous EEG monitoring facility etc
- We have the latest generation ventilators and High Frequency Oscillators (HFO)
- Video asisted Bronchoscopy
- Cardiac defibrillator and 12 lead ECG machine
- Critical procedures like peritoneal dialysis, central line insertion, endoscopic foreign body removal, invasive BP monitoring, Pericardiocentesis, ICD (Chest tube) insertion are performed